APPLICATION PROCESS TO THE ACADEMY
Applications start on Tuesday 8 December until Sunday 20 December 2020.
Notification of acceptance: 4 January 2021. Notification will be made whether or not you have been accepted.
Duration of the Festival: Wednesday 20th to Sunday 24th January 2021.
All candidates accepted will receive a full scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Fill in the form with contact information and application videos (LINK HERE).
- Once we have received everything, we will send you a reception email.
AGE AND AVAILABILITY
- Open to foreigners and Chileans between 18 and 30 years of age.
- To have availability of dates during the whole duration of the festival.
Piano (one master class)
The American String Quartet will select the string players.
The teachers: Beatrice Ovalle, Federico Curti, Pedro Salcedo, Gabriel Betancur and Gorgias Sánchez will select the wind instrumentalists.
Eugenio Urrutia-Borlando, will select the pianists.
You choose the repertoire, we only need 2 videos of contrasting works of no more than 12 minutes in total.
Those who are accepted into the Festival and International Music Academy Portillo 2021, will have a full scholarship, which includes class and a diploma of participation. They are requested to attend all classes and activities of the festival and to be punctual.
Alejandra Urrutia, Artistic and Musical Director
American String Quartet
- Peter Winograd, Violin (United States)
- Laurie Carney, Violin (United States)
- Daniel Avshalomov, Viola (United States)
- Wolfram Koessel, Cello (United States)
- Beatrice Ovalle, Flute (Chile)
- Federico Curti, Oboe (Uruguay)
- Gorgias Sánchez, Clarinet (Venezuela)
- Pedro Salcedo, Bassoon (Colombia)
- Gabriel Betancur, French Horn (Colombia)
Invitadxs Master Classes
- Kim Kaloyanides Kennedy, Violin (USA)
- Sabine Bretschneider Jochumsen, Violin (Denmark/Germany)
- Macarena Pesutic, Viola (Chile/Spain)
- Katri Ervamaa, Cello (USA/Finland)
Leadership and Coaching
- Caroline Ward (Australia)
- Juan Pablo Jara (Chile)